Summary of the 2020 Q1 results of Phu My Fertilizer (DPM VN)
Q1/2020 results highlights:
- Net revenue increased by 7.8% y/y to VND1,697bn mainly thanks to the urea business. DPM’s urea volume reached 186K tons, up by 38.9% y/y while its sales were up by 20.4% y/y as DPM’s urea factory operated normally compared to an interruption in the same time last year. On the other hand, sales of NPK was down 12.9% y/y and sales of trading fertilizers were down 13.6% y/y.
- Net profit reached VND105bn, up by 102.5% y/y mainly thanks to the higher gross margin caused by the bigger decline of input gas price vs. the decline of urea price in Q1/2020.
- The impacts of the salinity-hit, the drought situation, and the COVID-19 on DPM’s business were insignificant in Q1/2020. The situation will likely be similar for the rest of the year.
- In the context of low oil price, DPM’s input price should fall much more than the urea price, helping to expand DPM’s gross margin in 2020 and 2021.
- Based on the input gas price mechanism, DPM’s input gas should be still very competitive compared to regional peers as long as WTI oil price stays below $60/barrel.
- We expect DPM’s net profit to jump by 135.6% y/y to VND890bn in 2020, then will decline by 8.6% to VND813bn in 2021 as oil price will likely recover by then. However, this will still be a high profitability level compare to its historical performance.
Company ratings and target prices are accessible for clients only.
Our team is actively covering 50 companies in the listed Vietnamese equity space for our clients.
Featured image credit: pvc.vn